Current Topics in Media Psychology
This seminar covers research methods and current research trends in media psychology, computer-mediated communication and human-computer interaction, respectively. Students will read recent book chapters and journal/conference papers. Students receive regular review assignments about the literature they have read.
- Getting used to reading different paper styles from the fields of psychology, communication science, and computer science
- Knowing about the formats of scientific writing in different empirical disciplines
- Quickly retrieving and evaluating information from existing literature
- Knowing how to write a scientific review about a certain topic
- Preparing and moderate discussions
Not graded review assignments and oral exam with a duration of 20 minutes at the end of the course.