This course explores human experience and behavior in dealing with old and new media. The areas covered are:
- History of Media Psychology
- Motives: Uses and Gratification, Selective Exposure, Mood Management,
- Cognition: Attention and processing processes, reception modalities, intended and unintended cognitive media effects,
- Emotion: Involvement, Suspense, Entertainment, Sad Film Paradox,
- Communication: Parasocial interaction, social comparison processes, spiral of silence, media equation,
- Behaviour: Violence, prosocial behaviour, internet addiction.